Thursday, October 3, 2013

Love you, mama

                A few years ago, something happened in my life that changed how I see it forever.
                I had just gotten back from a church youth camp with a friend of mine when my dad messaged me and told me to ask my friends mom to drop me off at the local hospital.  I was freaking out and didn’t know what was going on but I did what he said.
                When I got to the hospital, met my dad, sister, and brother in the waiting room of the hospital.  They told me that out of nowhere a few hours earlier mom felt radiating pains in her stomach and back.  They wouldn’t go away. So my family took her to the hospital.  My dad said that the doctors were going to give her medicine and watch her condition for a while so he decided to take us back home and he would come back to the hospital to take mom home.
                15 after dad dropped us off he came rushing in the door again telling all of us to get in the car.  We were scared and flustered but obedient.  Apparently when dad got back to the hospital he was told that mom wasn’t there anymore.  Her condition was worse than they suspected so they sent her in an ambulance to the Sentara Heart hospital in Norfolk.  As we drove there, we all thought about what could be wrong with mom.  Was she even going to make it to the hospital?  What was the last thing I said to her before I left for the youth trip?  I don’t even remember.
                When we got to the hospital we had to get photo ID stickers in order to enter the room that had mom in it.  I still have all 3 of my siblings and I’s ID’s….. You can see how out of it and distraught we were.  Only a few people could be in the room with mom at a time so I think it was my dad and I who were the first to get to see her.  She looked so tired and you could tell she was in pain but she tried her to hide it.  As soon as I saw her I started crying.  She said soothing words like “It’s going to be ok.  Be strong, baby.”  But all I wanted to do was hug her any never let go.
                When the doctor came in, I asked if he would allow my sister and brother to be in the room with us.  He kindly said yes so my dad went and got them.  When he came back we all attacked him with questions: What’s wrong with her?  Can you fix it?  Will she be ok? 
                I’ll continue this blog next week.  Until then.


Devi
My mom and I's nails


My mom and I before I left for prom

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting post. I know what it feels like to get that call, it's a terrible feeling. I can't wait to hear what happened. I'm assuming she's okay since you have pictures of you and her at prom. I guess I'll find out for sure next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a very nice blog. You have a very great mom! you are so lucky!
    hope you all will be doing well !

    ReplyDelete